Last updated: 6/5/2017
I. What Information Do We Gather?
We receive, store and process information that you make available to us when accessing or using our Site and services. Some of this information may comprise but is not limited to, zip code, company name, browsing history information, and searching history information. We may also receive, store and process information that is automatically recorded by our servers whenever you access or use the Site or our services, such as your IP Address, the date and time you access or use the Site or our services, the hardware and software you are using, referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, event information, pages viewed and the order of those pages, and the amount of time spent on particular pages.
We may, either directly or indirectly, also continue to track your behavior on our Site and services for purposes of our own customer support, analytics, research, product development, fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, as well as to enable you to use and access the Site and our services.
We do not collect, manage, or share any Personal Information. All data and information collected, managed, processed, or shared, while it resides at BDEX or is otherwise in the possession, custody, or control of BDEX, does not constitute or comprise Personal Information and is not identifiably linked to you in any way.
II. How Do We Use Information that You Provide or Make Available?
We use, store, and process information about you for the following general purposes:
- to enable you and our partners to access and use the Site and our services;
- to operate, protect, improve and optimize the Site, our services, our business, and our users’ experience, such as to perform analytics, conduct research, personalize or otherwise customize your experience, and to provide customer service;
- to help create and maintain a trusted and safer environment on the Site, such as detection and prevention of actual and potential fraud and other harmful activity, conducting investigations and risk assessments, and enforcing our terms and policies; and
- to comply with our legal obligations, resolve any disputes that we may have with any of our users, and enforce our agreements with third parties.
III. When Do We Disclose or Share Your Personal Information, and to Whom?
IV. Securing Your Personal Information
Whenever we collect information from you, that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser, or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to data on the BDEX network. The computers/servers in which we store this data are, in most instances, kept in a secure environment.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, destruction or alteration. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, and no method of storing electronic
V. Your Privacy When You Access Third Party Websites and Resources
The Site and services may contain links to or interface and connect to other websites or services not owned or controlled by BDEX. BDEX does not have any control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies, web beacons or other files on your device, or collect and solicit Personal Information from you. They will have their own rules about the collection, use
VII. COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 13, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, the nation’s consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
BDEX does not specifically market to children under 13 and, to be certain, the Site and our services are intended for use only by those over the age of 18.
VIII. Fair Information Practices
The Fair Information Practices Principles form the backbone of privacy law in the United States and the concepts they include have played a significant role in the development of data protection laws around the globe. Understanding the Fair Information Practice Principles and how they should be implemented is critical to comply with the various privacy laws that protect personal information.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we exercise our best and reasonable efforts to notify all affected individuals within seven (7) days should a data breach occur.
IX. CAN-SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations. We collect your email address in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions;
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders;
- Send you additional information related to your product and/or service; and
- Market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
To be in accordance with CAN-SPAM we agree to the following:
- NOT use false or misleading subjects or email addresses;
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way;
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters;
third partyemail marketing services for compliance, if one is used;
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly; and
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
X. Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of having any of your data exchanged based on the BDEX Identity™ browser cookie by choosing to opt out.